THIS IS HOME NOW

I'm taking Ali Edwards' online class at Big Picture Classes called Hello Story. It's only been one week, but so far I'm loving the content. I feel like I'm in a good place with the creative (and fun!) side of scrapbooking, but I really want more stories about my family, my life, and myself in my albums. Week one was about timelines, which is a really good place to start to get some facts onto pages. I made a few layouts this week inspired by that theme, and here's one of my favorites, about all the places I've lived in since I was 20. I moved quite a lot (few cities, two countries), until a year ago, when we bought a house (it's really a dream house...) of our own in Austria, so hopefully no more moving for many many years...


I started with that strip of wood-like patterned paper from the Composition & Color collection by Alison Kreft for Webster's Pages. I loved how it looked, and I thought it fit the subject of the page. I added some Dear Lizzy papers, from 5th&Frolic and that cute yellow paper from MME.



The embellishments are a mix of 5th&Frolic, that cute frame from The Pier by Crate, a circle die cut from Yes, Please by Amy Tangerine and some buttons and brads from my stash.


Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. This is beautiful, love the paper you chose. (Your house looks awesome, I want to live in a house like that LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a sweet LO, and what a great idea to scrap your house!! I will have to add that idea to my scrap list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty layout, scrapping our house is on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, I was right!! I came across your channel on YouTube this evening as a recommendation.....and there was something about your name, Irit, that I thought I recognized, and sure enough, after following you to your blog site, I see Hebrew writing!! Shalom!! Although I am born and raised in USA, my husband is from Haifa, Israel, and talks of his homeland often. The truth is, however, as much as I love your name (my husband, Mica, has a friend with the same name), I am especially fond of your beautiful scrap booking!! I will definitely be subscribing! I love this hobby so much, and I truly enjoy seeing others' work, and how it came about. So happy to discover you!
    Jennifer Langer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Jennifer! Sorry for taking this long to respond, for some reason only my phone lets me reply to comments... small world! I'm also from Haifa:-) really happy you're enjoying my scrapbooking! TFL!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts