Step By Step Layout

I love seeing other scrapbookers' step by step posts, so I thought I'd try it myself. It was more challenging than I thought it would be, because I had to remind myself to take photos, and as you'll see, sometimes I missed recording a step (or two).
Here's the finished layout followed by the step by step photos-




I started with white cardstock, a stencil and modeling paste, and let it dry completely. As usual, my stencil was not so clean, so I got some circles with colored edges, luckily it was pink, so it fit my color scheme.


Added a strip of patterned paper, from one of the basics dot collections from Echo Park-


Next I added a piece of pp I cut from the 6*6 Heidi Swapp's Mixed Company collection pad. I love the colors of this collection.


And here I forgot to take some pictures (quite early on... shameful). I got to the next stage by adhering some ribbon to the edge of the mint pp, going behind the pink piece. Those lovely ribbons are from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection. First piece of ribbon was glued straight, and then I used another piece and I used some hot glue to glue it in a few places (so some parts of the ribbon were without glue, slightly raised), to create more movement and dimension. In the same 6*6 pad, there's a pp with different patterned circles, I cut some out, and used them as embellishments-




Next to the photo I chose a die cut from Dear Lizzy 5th&Frolic collection (which is one of my all time favorite collections, well, I've been scrapbooking for two years, so all time is less impressive, but still:))and added some Dear Lizzy thickers. These thickers are beautiful, they have a little glitter or something similar, and a very distressed print pattern-



Added a transparency from the Mixed Company ephemera pack to the left side of the photo-



Added a vellum piece from the same ephemera pack, and two more circles-



Another piece of vellum to the top of the page, just sitting on all the other layers-



This star/flower like shape came with the Thickers sheet-




 Now take a break to create some embellishments. I used chip board hearts and colored them with distress paint in Picked Raspberry, which was a perfect match to the pink in the patterned papers. I dotted the hearts with a paint marker in an aqua shade (it's actually the only color I have, that and white, but it fit great here).



I also colored some wood veneer feathers from Studio Calico (I think they don't make them anymore, sadly, but  I've seen other companies do, like Prima) with acrylic paint. Adhered those down between the other embellishments-


Another heart next to the title-



Then it was mostly finishing touches. That spot over the title looked a bit empty, and I wanted to use that camera clip, so I used a scalloped circle punch to punch another pp from the 6*6 pad and put the clip on it, along with some enamel dots and puffy stickers from American Crafts.




I added more ribbon, this time horizontally, as though going behind the photo, again gluing it in certain spots. I also added a ribbon bow from Maggie Holmes Flea Market on the heart. You can also see some ink spray splatters, I can't seem to make a layout without those nowadays-



I cut a small triangle from the pink pp and glued it to the upper right corner of the layout.
I tucked another scalloped circle behind upper left side of the photo, and made my own (much less pretty) bow out of ribbon, as an embellishment on that circle. You can see these details in the photo of the finished layout, here it is again-



Hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for visiting!


Comments

  1. Beautiful I love the turquoise and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, thanks for taking the time to photograph your process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy Hayes ThompsonOctober 31, 2013 at 6:33 AM

    I am madly in love with this layout. Thank you for all of the details. Your work with the modeling paste is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO. I love step by step posts too! Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so in love with the color combos - all my favorites! I love your circles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, loved seeing all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and great step by step tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts