Scrapbooking Using a Sketch- 2 Layouts-1 Sketch

Did I mention that I LOVE taking online classes? I love learning new things, I love being inspired. Nobody can deny that there's enough free inspiration to last a few lifetimes online, but I still enjoy taking classes, for a few reasons. The first, is that it's convenient and fun, and fills a gap I cannot fill in my non virtual world. Where I live nobody knows what scrapbooking is, there are no scrapbooking stores, no crops, no live classes. So taking a class is the only way I can learn things in an organized fashion. Secondly, I take classes from people that I really admire and find inspiring. Most of them make a living from it, and I really want to support them when I can, so that they will keep on creating and teaching classes. And thirdly, the best classes offer a convenient platform and a lifetime access. So I always know where to go to revisit the classes, and it's well organized.
I already mentioned a class called Watercolor for card makers on my previous post, and today I'll be talking about another class, completely different. The two pages I'm posting today, are based on one sketch, that's a part of a class over at Studio Calico. Three times a week during the month of May a new sketch is posted, with a few pages based on it, but you end up with at least three sketches every time, as the designers change the sketch up. Using a sketch is a really fun way for me to just get a page done. I know it'll be good, so all that's left is for me to pick the supplies.
Enough talking, here are my pages-


For this page I used some leftovers from the Scraptastic April kit, and then some embellishments from previous Scraptastic kits. I added some papers from my stash, I went for some 6*6 papers from various Crate Paper collections.
Here are some close ups-




There's also a process video for this page-



When I saw the sketch (unfortunately I can't show it here, it's only for students taking the class), I thought it was a great way to use up some ribbon. I've bought one of those huge ribbon packages American Crafts make with some of their collections, this one is from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection. I have trouble using ribbon in small amounts on many layouts, so when I use it, I use a lot of it on my page, like here-


I took out some of my other Lucky Charm products, and added them to the page. This was fast and fun.
After taking photos of the page I made one little change, since it was bugging me every time I looked at the photo- I removed that sticker and flair on the left side of the photo. The sticker didn't make it to the final page, but the flair did, at the bottom left corner of the photo, keeping that frame around the whole center piece free. It really bothered me that it was the only place where the embellishments were going of it.
Here are some close ups-




I really love the color palette of the Lucky Charm collection.
I'll be back soon with more videos and layouts
Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts