Hip Kit Club Layouts+ Process Videos

Hey there! Today I'm sharing two more layouts I created using the July and September Hip Kits. The August and September kits just landed on my desk a few days ago, and I couldn't wait to play with all the beautiful goodies. I try to kill a kit before I move on to the next, but with the summer vacation I haven't had a lot of time so scrap, and being the impatient and new-goodies-lover that I am, I decided to just go with the kit that worked the best with my photos.
Here's the finished layout I created using the September Hip Kit-


I used mostly items from Crate's Notes and Things collection. I grabbed a few die cuts from the ephemera pack that came with the August kit, but the rest is from the September kit.


I thought the soft colors of the papers really worked well with the colors of the photo.


Love to add touched of gold to my layouts!
Here's the video-


The second layout I'll be sharing today was experimental also for me. I used the October Afternoon cut apart sheet that came with the July Hip Kit. I really like the vintage feel of October Afternoon, and I like their designs, but the colors are usually too primary or vintage for what I like to use on my pages. Here's the finished layout-


I applied a thin layer of gesso to the OA squares, thin so I could still see the design. Next I went over all the lines in the words and images with Micron pens in different sized nibs. It looked like this when I was finished-


Next I used my Peerless watercolors to paint the squares, keeping the shades similar to the original paper. And that was kinda it:) I printed my photos the same size, and used a simple grid design.




Thanks for visiting and I'll be back soon with more layouts and videos!

Comments

  1. Irit, you are too clever - I never thought of repainting & outlining papers whose colors didn't work for me. Thanx again for great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts